Monday, January 14, 2008

It's on. My goals.

It's been a year since I started this blog. It just goes to show you that fitness is a journey, and not a destination. I still have the same goals I did before, and the wonderful women who are 35, 45, and 55 years old that are rockin' super hot bod's have me convinced and inspired that I do not need to be in a hurry. It's not like once you hit a certain age its "too late." You can get fit whenever you want! I know I will get there, through perseverance and positive behavior. I am going to be 27 this year. I am WAY ahead of the game.

I have had a roller coaster year. From being fired, to getting pregnant, to being really really depressed, to having terrible morning sickness, and then coming out of depression and within a week-feeling normal for the first time in a long time.

I feel great, and at only 2 weeks postpartum, have gotten the OK to work out in the gym again. Be still my heart. Now I need to somehow figure out how to do that with a 3 week old baby. And get my YMCA membership. I also have tons of bad habits to revise. I decided to eat whatever I wanted during the pregnancy (knowing full well that it would require twice as much work to get off my body) and gained 50 lbs. I dropped 20 from birth to 2 weeks (I have no idea how-but what a blessing that is~) So I now have 30 lbs left to "loose." I am not all about "weight loss" I am all about "Muscle gain" but clearly, some weight needs to come off. And what better way to do that than by building some great. big. fat. eating. muscle?

Goal #1: Get my membership to the YMCA back. By February 15th, my birthday.

Goal #2: Look at the calendar and figure out 3 days a week to do a 45 minute routine at the gym.

Goal #3: Try to control my diet. Not NO candy, just LESS candy. :) Find unexpected places to insert protein in my foods.

No comments: