Monday, February 19, 2007

I Need to Get Serious

In the last week, several things have knocked me down, and I have been getting back up rather efficiantly....but what I haven't done is brush those things off. I keep dragging them around with me. I havent worked out since Tuesday, having a sick child, dentist appointments, and a seriously trashed house have helped. I am having the roughest time balancing my new job with my workouts! I work on Matts days off and the last thing I want to do is dump the kids in YMCA care on our only family time. Anyway, now that my whining is over, its time to get serious. If I want to meet any of the goals I have set in front of me, I need to buckle down. Being stressed out about money is only going to drag me back to the place we have always been. I have the flu right now but what I can do, is plan my week, right now. I can decide what I am going to eat-to fuel my muscles, and how exactly I am going to get my workouts in. This week, I am not counting on working out-it depends on how long this virus hangs around in my body. I am not all about going out in public and spreading sickness throughout the county-I try to stay home and get well. So If I am going to get lean and fit, I need at least 6 meals a day-clean ones. I have a menu for the week, but the kitchen is a mess and I havent cooked anything. My best move right now is to cook a pound of whole wheat pasta-Thats one of my favorite easy meals to eat. I throw a bunch of chicken on, and some fat free cheese and veggies and voila! Its very filling too. Thats what I am doing-making pasta. Then, I am going to do 20 minutes of cleaning - and then rest. My parents just took the kids so I am taking advantage so I can hopefully get better enough to work out this week!

No comments: